Pages

Wednesday 23 December 2020

89. Sponsored Breakfast

Uncle Peter in action! 
Smuggling the sponsored food to the living hall to be distributed among the residents when the staff refused to give the food to the residents because according to them,  I did not follow the procedure after my friend sponsored  breakfast for the residents this morning.
What the heck?! You want to talk  to me about  not following the  procedure???
Pordah lah...!
Thank you so much Uncle Peter.  You are the best!

After our mission accomplished,  Uncle Peter came back to my room  and continued reading his newspaper.  While reading the newspaper, he suddenly laughed and said  this.
UP: Hahahaha.... It was funny and thrilling.
Me: What is it?
UP: Just now.  I felt like a Santa Claus giving away gifts to the residents.  I was thrilled sneaking to the living room distributing the food.
  I just don't understand why didn't"t they allow it.? No harm what,  your friend sponsored the breakfast.
Finally!  No more dried biscuits for three days in a row for tea time.  Today,  it"s  kuih Nagasari for our afternoon tea.
It was served at 3pm sharp.  Not 3:15 or 3:30 like before.
This isn't about me wanting a special treatment.  I do not want to brag but I could easily order food from the outside.  Well... i have been doing it for a while.
And Uncle Peter  always has his children visiting him a few times a week bringing food for him.
This is about Dominic Chen,  Boon,  Peter Arumugam and a few other residents who pay hefty amount of money to be here and depend totally on the food served here at The Home.
They have no choice nor do they have extra money to order food from the outside.
Their rights for better choices of breakfast and tea time have been compromised.
I hope soon there  will improvements on  the menu for breakfast.