Pages

Tuesday 27 April 2021

94. Visiting Orphanage Home

One day during the fasting month in 2009, I did not  know what to do during my off day on that mid-week. 
Mid morning,  I decided to go to my friend's house in Cheras to hang out with him as it was his off day too. 
I was reading the newspaper and my friend was watching tv when his housemate came home that afternoon. 

We greeted each other and I asked my friend's housemate how was his puasa. 
He told me his puasa was ok and he's back from visiting  an orphanage home nearby their area. 
I asked him what did he do  there when he visited the children?
He said he talked to them and gave moral support to the children. 

I was interested to know more and asked if I could join him the next time he's going there. 
He said he's going there again in the afternoon to buy groceries for orphanage home. 
The three of us went to the hyper-market and shared money and we bought groceries for the orphanage home. 

So after we went for shopping,  I drove my car to the orphanage home.  I really wanted to meet the children.

Unfortunately, the children were not at home.  We sent the groceries and went home.  I was a bit frustrated I did not get the chance to meet them. 

 When I was a child,  I was almost being sent away to the orphanage home if it was not because of my grandmother and my grandfather who took us in their care. 

I know a few of my family members and relatives adopted children to be part of their family members.  Some of the adoptions became family secret until years later that then I found out.  Actually I was told about it in recent years. 

My grandmother's younger sister at some point even built an orphanage home and took care of the orphans. I am not sure if the home still exist.